TO: PETTAWAY RESIDENTS, CIVIC GROUPS AND CHURCH GROUPS
FROM: MAGGIE HAWKINS, FACILITATOR, EAST BROADWAY ALERT CENTER
We are looking forward to the March 9th clean-up which is being sponsored by the Keep Little Rock Beautiful Committee and if it was not for your willingness to assist with this endeavor as you did in previous years this event would not be possible. We are also asking all volunteers, civic groups and church groups to meet us in front of Pettaway Park on Saturday, March 9th in order to have the annual Kick off site in our area at 8:00 a.m.. Mayor Stodola will make the presentation in order for the event to start.
This year we are going to concentrate on Pettaway Park in cleaning it along with some of our other problematic spots. If you know of an issue that we should address during the clean-up please let me know. Since we have a shortage of rakes and other tools we would appreciate it if you could bring a rake or a shovel if you have one.
Here is the plan that was discussed for improving the appearance of the park during the upcoming March 9th City Wide Cleanup
1. Rake and bag all of the leaves and debris along the perimeter fence. Parks & Recreation will bring 6 leaf rakes.
2. Cut the vegetation and overgrowth along the perimeter fence and around the trees that are in need of this. Parks & Recreation will bring 4-limb loppers.
3. Rake the debris from the rocks that surround the playground equipment. Parks & Recreation will bring 2-garden rakes.
4. Limb up around a select number of trees that have low-hanging limbs that interfere with people walking about the park. Parks & Recreation will bring 1-manual pole pruner.
5. If time permits or a number of people bring their own leaf rakes, rake and bag as much of the park grounds as possible.
A box of KP 3858 Heavy-Duty black plastic bags be brought by Parks & Recreation to use for the leaves and debris.